Autor Téma: Cagiva Canyon 500 front fork seals  (Přečteno 3501 krát)

0 uživatelů a 1 Host prohlíží toto téma.

Offline husq

• Nováček
Cagiva Canyon 500 front fork seals
« kdy: Pátek, 16/05/2008, 15:42 »
Hello all,

I'm searching for new front fork seals for my Canyon 500. Does anyone know which dimensions they should have?
I found this on the internet: 40x52/52,7x10/10,5 (A 023)
Are these the right ones?

Thanks a lot,

Husq

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
  • Pohlaví: Mužské
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
Re: Cagiva Canyon 500 front fork seals
« Odpověď #1 kdy: Pátek, 16/05/2008, 22:45 »
Hi Husq...

See...I tried to check your question up in the user´s manual, but there is totaly no information about a fork seals... it is a pitty man. It doesn´t belong between kind of important information which you need to know for riding. So I´m gonna ask somebody else who is better educated tham me. If I could find that information out I will let you know...so be checking this blog as much you can...

Man...thank you very much for your question...and write us more about you...you can become our member...send us some photos of you and your motorbike...

Have a fun...

See you latter man...

;D GODZI ;D
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #2 kdy: Neděle, 18/05/2008, 16:44 »
Hi godzi,

Thanks for your answer. I think the dimensions I posted before are not correct, because the bike has a 45 mm Marzocchi front fork.

I found your forum when I was searching for some information about the Cagiva Canyons. It's a pitty that I dont understand Czech, because I think you have an interesting forum and there isn't a lot of other info on the internet.

I live in the Netherlands (Holland) and I'm 24 years old. I have my Canyon almost 6 years and I still like it.

Here you can find some pictures of my Canyon: http://www.bikepics.com/members/canyon/00canyon/

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #3 kdy: Neděle, 18/05/2008, 19:42 »
wow...man...i ve seen your photos...man...how can I see...Canyon in general has the same problems all over the world...doent matter where you live... :) :) :) I also had this bike and the same color as you have...yeah... ive been working on your question...so wait...
and see...if you would like to know something esle...just write your question here and me or somebody else who is able to speak in english will help you asap...:) I am sure...
See you man...
« Poslední změna: Neděle, 18/05/2008, 19:45 od godzi »
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi

Offline roebuck

• Starší člen
    • http://www.roebuck.wz.cz
« Odpověď #4 kdy: Pondělí, 19/05/2008, 09:12 »
Hi,
Try to  find the right answer (seals) in section Dokumenty (Documents) on this website. There is part called Servisní příručky (Service or workshop manuals). The manuals are on English.
Anotherway, you can try to ask the central distributor of spare parts for The Czech rep. - company  MOTTO ROBERT. I hope, that they are sending parts to foreign countries and are certainly competently to advise something. Their e - mail is : info@motorobert.cz.

I wish you a very nice season. r

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #5 kdy: Pondělí, 19/05/2008, 15:24 »
there is nothing in that section...othervise i could find it out... ;)
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #6 kdy: Pondělí, 19/05/2008, 21:28 »
So Husq...I dont know if a friend of mine wrote right information. It is very strange, coz Canyon has a different forks comparing river, but the seals are the same...so here are the dimensions - internal diameter 40 mm external diameter 52mm and height 10mm. You can buy it here in Czech...but it would make a sence :)
So I hope we ve helped you man...
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #7 kdy: Středa, 11/06/2008, 17:23 »
A little update, the seals you need for a Cagiva Canyon have the dimensions 45x58x11 mm. I have installed new seals from Athena (type: P40FORK455085, price: 17,50 euro)

Here some pictures (click for bigger format):

Opening the fork:

Remove everything from the fork:

The new seals (45x58x11):

The new seals in the sliders:

New front fork oil (SAE 7,5):

Ready:

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #8 kdy: Čtvrtek, 12/06/2008, 15:05 »
Well done bro... Well If you will have a trip around my home, make a stop there. I really need to fix left fork on my 2nd bike - Yamaha XT 600. So take some stuff and come here asap :) :) :) :)
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi