Autor Téma: Cam Chain Tensioner  (Přečteno 14403 krát)

0 uživatelů a 1 Host prohlíží toto téma.

Offline husq

• Nováček
Re: Cam Chain Tensioner
« Odpověď #15 kdy: Úterý, 24/03/2009, 19:18 »
Hello all,

I have changed the camchain and the sprockets on my Cagiva Canyon. You can see some pictures at this site: http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_messages/230451/Vervangen-nokkenasketting-en-tandwielen-Cagiva-Can.html

Maybe it can be useful for some of you.  ;)

Offline sejrac

• EXVL 23.1
  • Administrator
  • Odborník
  • Pohlaví: Mužské
    • http://www.sejrac.com
« Odpověď #16 kdy: Úterý, 24/03/2009, 22:32 »
WoW, thanks for pictures. I try to translate, and add to this site.
S11 >> J550 >>  S51E >> CC 600 >> MTS 620 D >> SF 848 >>DMhc 659  <<

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #17 kdy: Úterý, 24/03/2009, 22:59 »
I can translate it to English, but that will take some days because I don't have a lot of time.

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #18 kdy: Středa, 25/03/2009, 08:03 »
Heeeyyy buddy
...finaly done ha? How much time did you need to fix it up? And also man... how did you figure that out???
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #19 kdy: Středa, 25/03/2009, 08:05 »
yeah...i forgot...man...add there a photo of you... ;D I´d like to see you ugly face  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #20 kdy: Středa, 25/03/2009, 18:59 »
Hey Godzi,

I started last weekend with the camchain, it took me 6-7 hours to complete the job. I didn't know what I could expect excactly, but it worked out fine.  :)
I figured it out by using my common sense.  ;D

On this picture you can see my ugly face, I'm the one in the middle ofcourse.  ;)

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #21 kdy: Středa, 25/03/2009, 20:14 »
heeeeyyy...what a youn chick... :) seems like you have prety good skils man...hey buddy..what about make a trip to visit us over here ???
yeah...btw bro...dont you have skype, icq, facebook???
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #22 kdy: Pátek, 27/03/2009, 09:16 »
I have made a quick translation to English, but my English is not perfect. I hope you can do something with it.  ;)

Here we go:

Remove the engine guard.
Drain the oil. (when engine is warm)
Remove  the seat, the tank fairing, the fuel pipes and the fuel tank.

Remove the exhaust pipes and the spark plug.

Remove the top engine bracket.

Remove the 2 cylinder head covers.

Now you  have to put your engine at the right timing. This has to be the TDC ( Top Dead Centre) from the compression stroke.  Through the little window on your left crankcasecover you can see the timemarks on the flywheel. You have to put your engine on the ‘A’ mark and make sure it is in the compression stroke. In the compression stroke the valves don’t move, around the ‘A’ mark timingpoint.

Remove the screws from the cylinder head, including the 2 screws underneath  the cylinderheadcovers. You can remove the cylinder head and get to the camchain with the sprocket.

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #23 kdy: Pátek, 27/03/2009, 09:18 »
Loosen the rear brake pedal, so you be able to remove the right crankcasecover.

Remove the oilfilter,  at the end we need to install a new oil filter with new oil.

Loosen the screws on the right crankcasecover and remove the cover.

Now it is time to remove the bolt from the crankshaft, this bolt has a left-handed thread.
To loosen this bolt you need to block the sprocket on the crankshaft. You can block it by putting a 5-eurocent coin between the teeth of the crankshaftsprocket and the clutchsprocket.

The clutch and the clutchhousing need to be removed, otherwise you can’t remove the camchainsprocket from the crankshaft. Remove the screws and the springs, now you remove the pressure plate and the discs.

Remove the thrust bearing

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #24 kdy: Pátek, 27/03/2009, 09:19 »
Remove the secured bolt. Now you can remove the clutchhousing.

Remove the camchaintensioner, first loosen the large centre bolt and later the smaller bolts. When you remove the tensioner you can see how many teeth the tensioner is out.

Check the timing of the engine, make sure the crankshaft is still on the ‘A’ mark (the TDC of the compression stroke) The Sprockets on the crankshaft are positioned with a cotter so you can’t install the sprockets in a  wrong way on the crankshaft. But now you have to mark het timing on the camshaft to make sure your timing does not change compared with  crankshaft. The cams have to point down.

Remove the 2 bolts from the camchainsprocket, they are secured.

Remove the sprocket from the notch on the camchain. The sprocket can now move down. The chain is free now and you can remove the cotter from the crankshaftsprocket and remove the sprocket  from the crankshaft.

Offline husq

• Nováček
« Odpověď #25 kdy: Pátek, 27/03/2009, 09:21 »
Now you can take out the camchain and remove the camchainsprocket and the chain.

Install the new sprocket on the crankshaft and put the new chain on it. Put the camshaft back in with the camchainsprocket free on it, put the chain on the sprocket. Put the sprocket on the notch from the camshaft and make sure the marks are on the right place. Check the timing!!!
Tighten the bolts back in and secure them. Check the crankshaft timing (A-mark on flywheel) and make sure the camshaft timing corresponds with it.
Let the engine make some rotations by hand and check the timing again. 

When everything is ok, you can put the other crankshaftsprocket back on and put the clutch back in. With help of the 5-eurocent coin you can tighten the bolt back.

You can put back the cylinder head, but First clean the surfaces. I used the gasket maker  ‘Dirko from Elring’

Install the right crankcasecover and the camchaintensioner. Use new gaskets.

Check the valve clearance and adjust it. (clearance between 0.05 and 0.10)
Clean the sieve above the oil drain bolt. Install a new oilfilter and put new oil on your bike.

Install the cylinder head covers, the top engine bracket, brake pedal, exhaust pipes and all the other components on your bike.
Let your engine rotate by hand first, to check on strange enginenoises.
Ready to start the engine.

Offline godzi

• I like Japanland
  • Odborník
    • www.woloupejsiho.nz
« Odpověď #26 kdy: Pátek, 27/03/2009, 09:38 »
heeeyy...bro...wanna open the garage???  ;D ;D ;D
Hayabusa 1,3 MPi